What is Liporase Hyaluronidase?
Hyaluronidase is an enzyme (compounded by special pharmacies) that causes hydrolysis (dissolve) of hyaluronic acid. It is often referred to as a reversal agent for hyaluronic acid fillers. When the enzyme is injected it dissolves the synthetic hyaluronic acid filler, leaving your own intact. It is used to dissolve hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers that have been placed incorrectly, excessively, or unevenly. Hyaluronidase is also used in emergency situations where dermal filler has been inadvertently injected into an artery causing occlusion of the blood supply. It is injected into the vicinity of the dermal filler that needs to be dissolved.
Uses of Hyaluronidase Injection:
- To remove the filler, hyaluronidase can be injected to dissolve the hyaluronic acid in dermal fillers.
- To increase the effect of lipo-dissolving injection, hyaluronidase can be added to the cocktails of the fat melting injection.
- Hyaluronidase is often combined with a local anesthetic to increase the diffusion of local anesthetic.
Process of Hyaluronidase Injection for filler dissolving:
- Mix 3cc of saline to 1 vial of Hyaluronidase, it could dissolve 3cc of hyaluronic acid.
- Hyaluronidase is injected, along with lidocaine (and sometimes epinephrine), into the area where the filler needs to be dissolved.
- The hyaluronic acid filler will start to dissolve right away, and it will be absorbed by the body in a few hours.
Process of adding Hyaluronidase to Lipodissolve injection:
- Mix 5cc of saline to 1 vial of Hyaluronidase, it could be added to a 10cc Lipodissolve Vline injection. If it is 30cc, add 2 vials of Hyaluronidase.
- Hyaluronidase is mixed with Vline injection, it is injected along with lidocaine into the fat layer evenly.
- Massage the area where it was treated for 15 minutes each day and 7 days in a roll, apply hot packing after the massage.